May 11 Day 62


Unfortunately because the Blog server had problems my entry for the rest of the night was lost.  Instead of trying to recreate it I want to spend my time catching up with what's happening Now.  So!  To make a long story short :)

Puppies started arriving at 11am and the last was delivered at 9pm.  Nickel did a fabulous job of delivering the puppies about every 45 minutes with a few long naps in between.  We now have 9 beautiful, healthy and robust puppies!  5 girls and 4 boys.  It looks like there are several Silvers and the rest are Blues.  Nickel is a blue and her mom is a silver... so basically you can see that the puppies will probably grow up to be the same gorgeous silver color.  I was incredibly happy and relieved that all the puppies survived.  Since Nickel is 5 years old and this is her first litter I was a little worried ... especially knowing it was a large litter.   She is a robust girlie and did an amazing job.
Into a new world

Blue- first born
FIRST PUPPY BORN 11:00am    GIRL 14 0z  


2nd  Girl 
3rd Boy
4th Girl
5th Girl


so far...  all looking healthy and robust... averaging about 45 minutes each...............more to come!




Nickel feeling a contraction.... the puppies nursing helps to induce labor

Looking pretty good and fresh after the first few puppies

5 comments:

  1. congratulations Nickel! Happy birthday puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like "Hey! Look what I did!". Very clever of you, Nickel.
    I think I might win this pool. Remember, I said five girls and three boys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been checking back all day. this is very exciting. thanks for the updates. i'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. it's been a long day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited. And my poll votes were before I read the blog, honest. Is there a tenth pup? Glad to hear everyone's doing well.

    ReplyDelete